Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: UI/UX Designer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully stocked snack and fresh pressed juice bar, gym membership, dog-friendly office.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work closely with clients, sales team, developers and UX designers to effectively convey product vision by designing interfaces for new features
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and efficiently develop UI components for new features
- Create and improve strategic design and user experience for new and existing features
- Work closely with clients to create and improve client websites
- Identify and resolve design/ui/ux problems or inconsistencies
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Take a user-centered design approach and promptly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Post-secondary education in a Computer/Engineering/Media/Design related field
- Strong portfolio and understanding of design fundamentals
- Minimum 3 years work experience with UI/UX & Web Design is required
- Experience creating prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Exude confidence when collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to share knowledge/experience with the rest of the team and learn from them
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest