Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: Quality Assurance Engineer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully stocked snack and fresh pressed juice bar, gym membership, dog-friendly office and parking
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Implement best practices for quality assurance such as code reviews and continuous integration
- Work with developers and designers to make exciting new features and elegant pages
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable on the latest code testing tools and practices
- Write effective tests to find bugs quickly, and teach other developers to do the same
- Participate in routine standups, code reviews and testing parties
- Post secondary education in engineering or computer science would be an asset
- Work experience in a technology or software company is required
- Experience working with the following technologies: Python, Django or similar (Flask, Rails, Node.js, Go), Git, Travis CI, Unit testing frameworks (mocha, unittest), Angular JS or similar frontend frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Polymer)
- Natural ability to find and exploit weaknesses in a system
- Relentless pursuit of perfection in code and design
- Experience providing continuous integration solutions and building complex software applications or automatic frameworks
- Strong knowledge of database concepts
- Must work great in a team and also as an individual contributor
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest.