Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: Senior Front End Developer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully stocked snack bar, fitness and cell phone allowances, dog-friendly office with free parking
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work closely with product managers, UI/UX designers and the rest of the development team to effectively convey product vision, release new features and solve complicated problems in a simple manner
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and efficiently develop UI components for new features
- Create and improve strategic design and user experience for new and existing features
- Work closely with clients to create and improve client websites through integrating the Showpass SDK and Wordpress plugin
- Identify and resolve design/ui/ux problems or inconsistencies
- Review pull requests and collaborate with team members to release top quality code
- Debug code and fix issues quickly
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Maintain best practices and code quality while staying on strict timelines and schedules
- Take a user-centered design approach and promptly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Post-secondary education in a Computer/Engineering/Media/Design related field
- Minimum 5 years work experience with front end development is required
- Must have experience working with the following technologies:
- Experience working with the following technologies would be an asset:
- Python, Django, Swift or similar (Flask, Rails, Node.js, Go)
- Experience creating prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience with versioning software, git, bitbutcket etc.
- Experience with agile project management and methodologies
- Experience with Wordpress plugin and theme development
- Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of development and innovation
- A passion for writing code and creating unique solutions
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Exude confidence when collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to learn from and share knowledge/experience with the rest of the team
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest.
Thank you for your interest in working at Showpass!