Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company based in Calgary, AB. We have worked with over 200 Organizers to support more than 40,000 events in various industries across North America. Every year, our platform processes millions of tickets and our systems are built to handle some of the largest on-sale and throughput demands from the largest ticket companies on the planet.
We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for customers through next-generation technology by combining cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
As official partners of Facebook and Google for increased online presence and Square for easy on-site sales, Showpass helps guests have the best event experience possible; no matter where they are. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events. That’s what makes us the fastest growing ticketing company in Canada.
- Work with team members to create maintainable, reusable components
- Implement new features and enhance the user experience
- Unit testing, end to end automated testing and peer code review to ensure code quality
- Identify and resolve design/UI/UX problems or inconsistencies
- Interact with product managers and designers to bring new features to life
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry’s standards
- Take a user-centered design and development approach and promptly test and iterate designs
- Post-secondary education in a Computer/Engineering/Media/Design/Marketing related field
- 1 to 3 years web development experience required
- Experience working with the following technologies (or similar) would be an asset: React, Vue.js, Python, Django, Swift
- Familiarity with front-end build systems such as Grunt, gulp, webpack, and Parcel
- Experience creating prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc. is an asset
- Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Must be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of development and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Exude confidence when collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to learn from and share knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
- Competitive compensation, including a stock option plan, fitness, transportation and cell phone allowances
- Unlimited vacation policy
- In-house chef
- Fully stocked snack bar
- Dog-friendly office
- Free parking
We understand that you may not have all the qualifications for this position, but we encourage you to apply anyway. Showpass cares much more about initiative than perfect experience.