Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company based in Calgary, AB. We have worked with over 800 Organizers to support more than 25,000 events in various industries across North America. Every year, our platform processes millions of tickets and our systems are built to handle some of the largest on-sale and throughput demands from the largest ticket companies on the planet.
We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for customers through next-generation technology by combining cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
As official partners of Facebook and Google for increased online presence and Square for easy on-site sales, Showpass helps guests have the best event experience possible; no matter where they are.
We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events. That’s what makes us the fastest growing ticketing company in Canada.
THE ROLE: Director of Marketing
- Protect and grow the brand by aligning the brand guidelines, unique selling proposition and key messages across all sales and marketing materials, internally and externally
- Lead the Marketing department in creating, designing, delivering, editing, and optimizing all marketing materials, including collateral, web, and other visual communications media
- Develop a thorough understanding of Showpass’ current landscape and roadmap in order to clearly identify potential partners and how we can work together
- Research and analyze new market/partnership opportunities and business strategies
- Develop a brand marketing strategy that compliments the overarching goals and strategy of the business
- Deliver marketing strategies, campaigns and documentation to generate partnership leads, including outbound calling to potential partners
- Responsible for public relations strategy and engagement, including writing and posting press releases
- Build and oversee the company’s social media profiles and presence on all relevant social media platforms
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience, including blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, videos, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Collaborate with designers and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Work collaboratively with the sales and operations team to execute agreements/transactions/reporting and ensure all partnerships are compliant and meet outlined deliverables and metrics
- Assist with all aspects of executing marketing events, trade shows, customer events, content and partner sessions
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content
- Manage and update the company website
- Manage promotional items including budget, selection and inventory
- Strategic leader with a track record of success in leading a marketing team
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Advanced understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working on a Marketing team for a technology or software company, preferably B2B based
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience with SaaS is preferred
- Experience in design software considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing would be an asset
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!