Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company based in Calgary, AB. We have worked with over 2,000 Organizers to support more than 40,000 events in various industries across North America. Every year, our platform processes millions of tickets and our systems are built to handle some of the largest on-sales.
We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for customers through next-generation technology by combining cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
As official partners of Facebook and Google for increased online presence and Square for easy on-site sales, Showpass helps guests have the best event experience possible; no matter where they are.
If you're a rockstar developer with a passion for working on innovative technology, Showpass may be the perfect opportunity for you. We offer exciting growth opportunities, ongoing training and development, and a collaborative work environment where your ideas are always valued. So why not join us and become part of the Showpass team? Apply now to get started!
What You Will Be Doing
- You’ll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers and Frontend Engineers to conceptualize and build new features for our large (and growing!) user base.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You’ll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You'll be standardizing our processes, documentation, and APIs in order to reduce the time needed to set up new integrations and allow for third party organizations to do so with minimal input from our team
- You'll be handling communication with third party organizations to ensure that integrations are correctly completed in a timely manner
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers and review peer code and architecture
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What You Should Have
- Demonstrable expert-level Python development experience on major consumer or enterprise products (3-5 years)
- Expertise in Django and Django REST framework, FastAPI, Flask, or other Python application frameworks
- Proficiency using database frameworks such as Django ORM or SQLAlchemy, working with both relational and NoSQL database systems including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ClickHouse
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
At Showpass, each of us contributes to inclusion—we all have a role to play. Our culture is a reflection of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong and grow!
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
**Stay up to date on the latest job openings! Sign up for our Showpass Careers Newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/hTbtx1