Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company based in Calgary, AB. We have worked with over 800 Organizers to support more than 25,000 events in various industries across North America. Every year, our platform processes millions of tickets and our systems are built to handle some of the largest on-sale and throughput demands from the largest ticket companies on the planet.
We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for customers through next-generation technology by combining cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
As official partners of Facebook and Google for increased online presence and Square for easy on-site sales, Showpass helps guests have the best event experience possible; no matter where they are. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events. That’s what makes us the fastest growing ticketing company in Canada.
- Work with developers, project management, and designers to create exciting new features and elegant pages
- Keep up with the landscape of new technologies, frameworks and concepts to see how they can be applied at Showpass
- Assist production deployment and provide post-production support and troubleshooting
- Lead routine stand-ups and dev meetings
- Work closely with product to determine scope and provide accurate estimation of work on behalf of your team
- Write clean code in a testable, reliable and sustainable way
- Post secondary education in engineering or computer science would be an asset
- Minimum 3+ years experience working in a technology or software company as a technical contributor
- Previous experience taking on leadership roles. Previous formal leadership positions is an asset.
- Must have experience working with the following technologies: Python, Django or similar (Rails, Node.js, Go), Git, Google Cloud Platform (or AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Fabric, Chef or other infrastructure automation tools, AngularJS or similar frontend frameworks (Vue, React)
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong understanding of software engineering and design principles
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
- Competitive compensation, including a stock option plan, fitness, transportation and cell phone allowances
- Unlimited vacation policy
- In-house chef
- Fully stocked snack bar
- Dog-friendly office
- Free parking
We understand that you may not have all the qualifications for this position, but we encourage you to apply anyway. Showpass cares much more about initiative than perfect experience.