Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues, to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE ROLE: DevOps Engineer (full-time permanent role)
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully stocked snack and fresh pressed juice bar, gym membership, dog-friendly office and parking
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work with developers and designers to make exciting new features and elegant pages
- Apply latest patches for servers
- Develop and implement strategies to improve current server infrastructure and deployment
- Write clean code in a testable, reliable and sustainable way
- Manage microservice-oriented infrastructure in a manner that promotes scalability, maintainability and security
- Ensure that the system brings code from development to users with zero downtime
- Investigate and resolve system errors and bugs as required
- Participate in routine standups, code reviews and testing parties
- Post secondary education in engineering or computer science would be an asset
- Work experience in a technology or software company is required
- Must have experience working with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Fabric, Chef or other infrastructure automation tools, Docker, Python, Django or similar (Flask, Rails, Node.js, Go), Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AngularJS or similar frontend frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Polymer)
- Guru with server optimization, scalability, microservices and containerization
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Must work great in a team and also as an individual contributor
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
NOTE: We will only contact qualified candidates of interest.